Wednesday 13 August 2014

Korean Skincare Routine

If you have heard anything about Korean skincare routines it will have seemed like they are long and complicated usually involving lots of steps. It sounds scary and unnecessary but I recommend trying it at least once or twice before making up your mind. You may find it isn't as big a deal as it sounds (it can be done it 15mins or less).

Now I’m no expert on skincare, just a regular person trying something a bit new and different but my understanding of Korean skincare is that the best description for the finished product is super clean skin that is well hydrated.

The steps are generally as follows:
  • Makeup removal – all eye and lip makeup needs to be gone
  • Cleanse
  • Exfoliate (not every day)
  • Tone/refresh
  • Essence/serum/ampoule/oil
  • Mask (not every day)
  • Eye cream
  • Moisturise
  • Night cream

This list is rather long but remember not everything is being done every time and you can make the process a really quick one or take some time to pamper yourself.

As I am still awaiting many Memeboxes I have been using my own collection of products but using the above process. I don’t feel that it is one particular product that makes a difference as much as using the products in the right way can.

Current products



Mummy Monster
The first time I tried this out I made it into a Sunday afternoon pamper session as I wasn’t sure just how long it would take. My first go took about 45 minutes but I was also doing masks on my hair and “Mummy Monster” was playing hide and seek while waiting for a face mask to dry. I have noticed that on the days I do not use a mask the routine can be done in 10-15 minutes.

I feel like my skin is improving but I should admit I wasn't even a regular cleanse, tone and moisturise kind of girl before I tried this out but I'm converted now.

If you have read about the process before please don’t be discouraged because it sounds really involved and don’t be afraid to vary it depending on what you have on hand.

Have you ever thought about trying a whole new routine? Or starting a skincare routine if you don’t already have one? Does this sound like something you’d like to try even once? Perhaps you've tried it before? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment