Wednesday 24 September 2014

Fortune Cookie Soap Box - Fall 2014

This is a post for the seasonal subscription box created by Fortune Cookie Soap. They are amazing and you can check them out here!

The theme for this box was Witch Please! It was a mix of Wizard of Oz and Wicked inspired scents. I’ll be honest and say that “Fall” scents are not my favourite but it IS limited edition and a fantastic way to find something new. What happens if I found a fall scent I was immediately in love with and it changed my mind forever? Yes that really was my basis for getting the box. I know you’re shaking your head right now, I never said I was rational ok.

 
 
The product list:

There’s No Place Like Home Fortune Cookie Soap
(Scents – apple peels, cinnamon, allspice, and clove)
This soap was the most gorgeous red and was glittery just like Dorothy’s slippers! I didn’t love the smell because I don’t actually enjoy cinnamon or clove scents but this is seriously pretty and I am happy to just look at it!


Roy.G.Biv OCD Hand Sanitizer
(Scents – dusky breezes, bonfires, leaves, charred woods, lemon, mandarin, cotton blossom, and soft vanilla)
Strange scent connection. What do Dusky Breezes smell like? Either way this had a pretty subtle scent and I like that.
 
 
Wicked, Good Whipped Cream
(Scents – orange, apple, pear, pineapple, cherries, pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, and vanilla sugar)
There were 4 available scents; No Good Deed (pumpkin, cinnamon, maple syrup, rum, French vanilla, and caramelized sugar), Green Is The New Black (pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger, brown sugar, and whipped cream), and BFFs (sugared blueberries, baked pumpkin, and fall spices).
I think I might get myself a  No Good Deed Whipped Cream once the restocks of this range are completed.


Swankified Walnut Facial Scrub
(Scents – ripe bananas, cake batter, and walnuts)
I LOVE THIS! Initially I didn’t realise it was scented as I hadn’t tried the unscented version yet. It is a great product and the scent really isn’t overwhelming. I want a big one!!! I’m crying that it’s almost gone. Seriously upsetting……..

Miss Popular Bubble Bath Powder
(Scents – honey nectar, star anise, star jasmine, sweet orange, and violet)
Not quite sure about this scent. I can’t quite put my finger on what is stopping me from loving it though?
 

Hair Flip Hair Oil
(Scents – hazelnut and vanilla cream)
I love it! It does just smell like hazelnut and vanilla which means your hair is good enough to eat all day. Uh yes can I have a bigger bottle next time please?

Flying Monkeys Personal Space Air Freshener
(Scents – bananas, peach, watermelon, neroli, jasmine with air and aquatic notes)
This is amazing! I find myself using this product just because. I never saw the point of a room spray when your house doesn’t smell but now I get it. Why have regular house smell when I can have Flying Monkeys house smell?! My Hubby says it smells like soap and lollies. So pretty much right up my alley apparently!

The Shiz Perfume Oil
(Scents – balsam woods, maple leaves, new dawn blossom, laurel, and sweet clove)
I liked this one the leave but it was also the most nature-like fall scent and almost a given I wouldn’t enjoy it.

$10 code for next purchase from Fortune Cookie Soap
Yay! Free money to get the things I loved from the box. Worth it? Totally!

Overall
I was well aware going into this box that Fall scents and I aren’t very good friends but I also really wanted to give it a go because I wanted to be proved wrong. I was actually pretty happy with what arrived even if some of the scents were not for me. I discovered three products that I would go out of my way to purchase and therefore the box was a big success for me!

 
Note – when these products were released for general sale Fortune Cookie Soap actually shut down the website afterwards so that they could catch up on the amount of orders that poured in from this release. The products really are that good!

Would you subscribe to a bath/body subscription box? Have you tried Fortune Cookie Soap before? Are you big on Fall scents? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment