Wednesday 10 September 2014

Memebox Superbox #38 Detox Care

All quiet on the post front there for a bit. Sorry about that! I assure you I had not stopped shopping, just lost the time it takes to write it all down!

Detox seems to be everybody’s go to word when they want to be healthier. Why not do the same for your skin? When I saw that Memebox was bringing out a Detox Box I decided to do just that. Also this is a Superbox where all of the products are full sized. You pay a bit more for these boxes but the value is definitely there.

The product card that comes within the box promises to “Detox from head to toe, skin and body.”
Big call…….. On to the products!
 


Likke Detox Scalp Care Gel 15ml (rrp $8)
This gel seems to be geared for those with dandruff or psoriasis to help relieve symptoms. I am currently happy with the state of my hair so used this one on my Hubby. He made a point of telling me that the smell reminded him of throat lozenges and that it had the same tingly feeling of peppermint shampoo which is his favourite. I was a bit disappointed that it was a single use even on his short hair.

CNKCOS Special Day C Focus Essence 10ml (rrp $20)
This package wasn’t very big but it was very special. You do have to be pretty liberal with the product though as they recommend using it all within 7 days of mixing in the powder. Not sure what happens at the end of those 7 days but I’m not willing to push my luck! It does make this an expensive little purchase though.

Borntree Lemon Tea Tree Black Head Nose Pack 4ml (rrp $3)
This nose pack is a nice change to the regular pore strips that I would usually use on my nose. It is essentially a sheet mask for your nose and you use it the exact same way. I did really like this product but I’m a bit sad that we only received one as I’m sure they are probably sold in boxes of a couple and this is a Superbox.
 
Duft and Doft Lime Detox Nourishing Hand Cream 50ml (rrp $12)
Hand cream is always a bit nice and this one is good. Not much to be said about hand creams. The packaging reminds me of the L’occitane products. But I would still buy those over this one.

Vicioni Pore Minimizing Detox Essence 50ml (rrp $29)
I wasn’t quite sure what to expect from this product. I had visions of putting it on and then having my skin shrink and become very tight over my face. This did not happen which was pleasing! It was like a very light cream or thin moisturiser and a little bit went a very long way. I didn’t notice immediate change to my pores but perhaps this product is one that is more of a preventative layer.

Secret Key Lemon D-Toc Peeling Gel 120ml (rrp $16)
I kind of expected a peeling gel but I was also dreading it. I had a really bad experience with another peeling gel recently (those details here) that left me a bit scarred. I am working myself up to trying it still but will come and post my thoughts once I finally have.

 
Overall

I guess like any detox it’s more about the full experience. I wouldn’t say that I loved anything in this box enough to purchase it again but I enjoyed trying the different items and am not sorry to have had a go at this box.
Would you do a detox on your skin and what kinds of things would you try? Would you have tried the peeling gel if you’d had a terrible experience with one previously? Would you get a product that is only good for 7 days or do you think that’s a bit over the top? Let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment