Saturday 13 September 2014

Memebox Special #19 Cleansing Kit

There are SO many different types of cleansers. It’s insane the number of ways you can clean your face. At the time Memebox released this box I was getting a bit bored with my current cleanser and didn’t actually have a spare or real preference for what to buy. Enter more selection than you know what to do with!


Secret Key Oil-free Lip and Eye Makeup Remover 100ml (rrp $9)
Ok so we’ve all heard that you can clean your makeup off with things like coconut oil. That isn’t my cup of tea and I also had eyelash extensions which meant no oil based products for me! I should mention that this isn’t just an eye and lip product but can be used all over the face. It’s really just pointing out that it is gentle enough for use on those places.
 

D’RAN Wonder Pure Cleansing Lotion 150ml (rrp $25)
This cleanser really doesn’t look like much but guess what, it has snail in it. Not as boring as it looks now is it! Knowing that you have snail or something else random in your skincare may be a bit of a turn off for some people but it’s one of the things I really love about Korean skincare. Clearly I’m not vegan!

Tosowoong Acne Cleansing Foam 100ml (rrp $15)
This is exactly what I was looking for when I bought this box! I wanted a product I would love everything about enough to purchase it again. And I would. In a heartbeat. Even if it wasn’t on sale and that’s saying something. To be clear I do not have acne but this cleanser made my skin feel so clean. Crazy right? I’m a bit nuts I know but I’m not joking. It foamed up really well and I just love it. Ok moving on from the crazy train now…….

Arrahan Peeling Gel 180ml (rrp $17)
The WORST product I have ever put on my face! Not exaggerating in the slightest! It was just AWFUL. I’m quite sure that people have great experiences with peeling gels and I do not have sensitive skin but this product burnt my skin so badly that I couldn’t touch it for an hour after using it without almost bursting into tears. All I can say is PATCH TEST!!!!! I’m sure other people may not have issues with it but it has seriously scarred me and now I plan to be really careful with patch testing products that I think might not agree with my skin.

 
Makeup Helper Special Pore Care 2 Step 5g x 6 ea (rrp $20)
This two step pack is designed to open the pores, remove the gunk and then tighten them again. You get 5 of each type in the pack and they take about the same amount of time all up to use as a sheet mask. They are also very portable and would be great to pop into a travel bag.

Ferderma Egyptian Mask Pack 1ea (rrp $2)
You can’t go wrong with a sheet mask in my opinion as they are very hydrating. I’m not sure how cleansing it is but one of the main ingredients is Rosemary and I’m aware that the herb is very calming for the skin. Calming and hydrating = winning!


Overall

This is the first time I’ve had a truly awful experience with a product from Memebox but at the same time I also found what I think might be my Holy Grail foaming cleanser. Also the others items in this box were also good. I would say that I like it and honestly the peeling gel experience may have been different if I’d done a patch test first and realised it didn’t want to be my friend.

 
Have you ever had a truly horrific experience with a beauty product? Feel free to name and shame it! Do you get a bit bored using the same cleansers or products time after time? Would you get a box like this to spice up your options? Let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment