Tuesday 8 December 2015

Fortune Cookie Soap Box - Winter 2015

I am a massive fan of the seasonal soap boxes by Fortune Cookie Soap. I have been getting them sine Fall last year when I got Witch, Please! Being an American based company this is a winter soap box as well as coming out close to Christmas so the FCS Team has combined those two elements and made Welcome, Santa! Based on the movie Elf.
Product names are movie related and there was a lot of fan love from the Facebook Group about this box in the lead up to it's arrival. The most difficult part of these boxes is the wait and trying to stay away from spoilers until mine does get here! 

Buddy  Fortune Cookie Soap
It has a pom pom! Not joking a for real pom pom. Clearly it’s not supposed to go in the shower with the rest of the soap but it’s the little details that really show you the FCS team cares.

Swirly Twirly Gum Drops – OCD Hand Sanitizer
There can never be too much hand sanitizer I reckon. Quite sure that if my water was turned off for several weeks I would still be confident that my hands were clean even if nothing else was! There is always an OCD in the soap boxes and I think I look forward to them the most and use them the most consistently. Yes there is always the faint alcohol smell to the scent but they’re great colours and it’s just nice to have something so very different from the norm.


Worlds Best Cup of Coffee – Whipped Cream
OMG amazing!!! If you love the smell of coffee you could literally sit there and sniff this all morning. I don’t know how healthy that is (mentally) but it is seriously delicious. I don’t think you could ever get a tub of this big enough. Maybe if they had like a dip bath you could wade through or something….. yeah that might enough!


Shower Duet – Shave Oil
I have asked my hubby to try this out. He seems to think he will do a Sweeney Todd because it’s an oil rather than his usual foam product. I’m still working on him….

FCS Cheer – Perfume Oil
A light, sweet, simple scent. I am using this one to follow up from a very hardcore Bunny Vomit obsession. It’s not the same but it is sweet enough that full scale withdrawal has not yet kicked in.

Yellow Snow – Bath Bomb
My boys loved this in their bath. I don’t feel like I got the full scent via a bath bomb product but it was very pleasant for the little rats and they’ve asked when they can have more fun things in their baths.

Christmas Gram – Face Plant
I’m sorry but I don’t get this product at all. It is a mini bath bomb for want of a better description that you use in a bowl of hot water as a steaming style product. But, to me, it just feels like I’m throwing it in water and wasting it? I could be doing it wrong. In fact, I am almost certainly doing it wrong.


Cotton Headed Ninny Muggins – Dry Shampoo
DRY SHAMPOO!!! IN A SOAP BOX!!!
Can you tell I’m excited? Dry Shampoo is the best and this smells great plus the mini baby powder style container is super cute. I have had a Mummy why are you putting baby powder in your hair question but I seriously don’t care. This stuff is awesome.


I really do look forward to my seasonal boxes from FCS. Yes it does cost a bit more ($34USD = ~$45AUD) than the standard run of the mill options available in Australia but I feel like there isn’t really anyone like them here to fairly compare them to either. Did I mention I got a candy cane and snowflake sequins in with my order? Did anyone else get the box? What are your thoughts? Maybe someone has pointers for the Face Plant items....Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment