Tuesday 8 December 2015

Fortune Cookie Soap - Get What Ya Get Bags

The idea of this is SO exciting. I have been a Fortune Cookie Soap fan for quite a while now thanks to their seasonal soap boxes and have thoroughly enjoyed placing massive orders thanks to international shipping costs but THIS!
This is something else.
This is the ULTIMATE in lucky dip bags.
Think you have lots of stuff and want to try more but you’re worried you won’t like it or shipping can seem prohibitive? Enter a Get What You Get bag. Such a great concept. For US$10 you get US$30 of product and until your parcel arrives you have zero idea of what is coming.

I LOVE lucky dip bags. From the fairy shop to lolly shop or even morning glory, I don’t care. I love them all. But this is just next level. The FCS Team have a FB fan group page where we can add suggestions and I remember seeing a lucky dip idea go up and just thinking YESSSSSS THAT WOULD BE THE BEST EVER!!! No really, it went almost just like that in my head. AND THEY DID!!! Talk about giving the people what they wanted. FCS are the bomb.


Did I mention I ordered 3 because I thought the 10 I wanted might be a bit too much?
THIS IS WHAT ARRIVED!!!!

Bag 1
American Royalty Shower Oil
American Royalty Deodorant
Scandal Bath Powder
Hollywood Dreams Bath Bomb
American Royalty Whipped Cream
Candy Cane Fluff Whipped Cream
Dressed to Kill Fortune Cookie Soap

Bag 2
Kiss Linen Spray
The Boy Who Never Grew Up Whipped Cream
Tommy Guns & Baseball Bats Whipped Cream
Wendy Bird Whipped Cream
Kiss Whipped Cream
Mele Kalikimaka OCD Hand Sanitizer
Hollywood Dreams Shampoo Bar
Creamy Dreamy Oatmeal Cookie Bar Soap

Bag 3
Shave It Ain't So! Aftershave Splash
Scandal Whipped Cream
In The Loop Whipped Cream
Glitz & Glamour Solid Bubble Bath
Famous Lip Scrub
Pearls & Girls Cuticle Butter
Famous Conditioner Bar
Mele Kalikimaka OCD Hand Sanitizer

I also ordered a Salve item separately based on a lot of love from the ladies who got one in the Zombie Survival Kit box. 

Wound Repair Salve 1oz – Lace-like films of cool, white ice, drizzled with melted chocolate (Scent inspired by Junior Mints)
The salve is great for cracked or extra dry skin ares like heels or elbows.

I love the lucky dip bag idea. Fingers are very crossed that this becomes an annual thing Shannon and the FCS Team decide to do. There has been some talk that the majority of these items came from the closing of the shop but Shannon herself has said how surprised and overwhelmed they were by the interest/demand for these bags. Who wouldn't be interested?!?!?! If you aren't, I think you need to scroll up again and have a look at the value of these things. Not to mention that there are a number of scents here I wouldn't usually pick but am very happy to try now that I have them.

Hits - Deodorant, lip scrub, WENDY BIRD!
Misses - Linen Spray (I'm just not sure if I'd use it)

Did anyone get a bag themselves? Are there some companies you love that you wish did lucky dip style bags? Or perhaps you think my intense love of lucky dips is juvenile..... to which I say I'm sorry you never received an amazing lucky dip as a child that has left you with a lifelong appreciation. Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment